Hello all!
A little bit about me, I am a Ph.D., who hated and, actually, shrunk away from cooking for years. Understanding my fear of the kitchen (and possibly poisoning someones), God blessed me with a boyfriend who could cook. However, he got a job that prevented him from cooking dinner every night. For me that meant either us both starving or start cooking. As you can tell from this blog, I chose the latter.
Again, as God gave me my boyfriend, he also blessed me with Pinterest. I discovered Pinterest at the same moment, I started looking for recipes.
And thank goodness for it! Not only has it provided me with many recipes, but also the organizational skills and self-esteem boosters I needed to enter the kitchen and turn on the oven.
However, there is a catch -- most of the recipes I find (and want to replicate so badly) involve pre-made, store-bought, imitation ingredients OR esoteric, rare foods that are 1) hard to find or 2) cost an arm and a leg. For me, a very poor graduate student, that is just too difficult to justify and time-consuming.
In response, I say "No! to prepackaged pizza dough!" and "No! to bread flour or quinoa!" And I say, "Yes! to cooking for real (and poor) people!"
No comments:
Post a Comment